- Book your flights (not included)
- Purchase mandatory trip insurance – click here to get rates from our recommended provider
- Individual trip insurance is required for all international retreats and is recommended for U.S. retreats. We recognize deposits as officially being received on the date we green-light a retreat. Please reference our trip insurance resource page to compare policies and benefits, such as cancel for any reason trip insurance.
- Please note that Blissed Yoga Retreats will not be held responsible for any delay, additional expense or inconvenience that may be caused directly or indirectly by events outside of our control (ie: late arrival/departure of flights, civil disturbance, fire, flood, cyclones, severe weather, acts of God, and acts of government, machinery or equipment failure, or cancellations for any reason.) No refunds will be given for “no shows” or days not used resulting from the above aforementioned. We want to protect you -our guest- and require trip insurance to help protect your investment.
- Ensure your passport is valid (expiration should be +6 months before retreat start)
- Get ready for bliss!
Bliss Yoga Teachers
- April Shunn Williams | [email protected]
Bliss Customer Service
- Erika Craciun | [email protected] | (424) 625-9938
WHAT’S INCLUDED/NOT INCLUDED
- Included: 6 Nights Accommodations at Fellah Hotel | Twice Daily Yoga | All Meals except 1 Dinner (opportunity to explore on own) | 1 Full Day Atlas Mountain Experience | 2 Days Marrakech City Tour – Hidden Sites & Souk Market | Optional (on-own) daily treks to explore Marrakech | Onsite Bliss Host
- Not included: Airfare, airport shuttles, ground transportation on own into town, specialty beverages, gratuities, trip insurance (required)
The retreat dates are March 11-17, 2018. Marrakech is 8 hours ahead of Los Angeles. We have provided flight options below with our priorities being total trip duration, price and airline comfort.
As always with travel, there may be cheaper options but pay attention to total travel duration/layover time (not all cheap airfare websites accurately display total duration) and airline reviews. If possible, please arrive and depart as close as possible to the times below. If you have any questions regarding your flight, do not hesitate to contact us!
Suggested Flights from JFK – Fly into Casablanca and take ~2 hour shuttle or continue with another short flight to Marrakech airport. Marrakech airport is very convenient, but they don’t have direct flights from JFK.
We suggest using JFK as your “hub” since they have a great direct flight into Casablanca on Royal Air Maroc. JFK also is an easy hub to get in and out of and of course everyone speaks English :). It is also easy to use miles and book a flight to JFK. This could require booking two separate legs of travel, but could be worth it in terms of efficiency, ease, and costs. Air France also has some good options to look into.
LAX TO JFK TO CASABLANCA – Then Short Flight to Marrakech (or you can arrange a ~2.5 hour shuttle)
Km 13, Route de l’Ourika – Tassoultante – Canal Zarraba
40 000 Marrakech
Tel: +212 525 065 000
If you can’t reach us on the landline, please try our mobile:
Fax: +212 525 065 001
Check In: You may check at 2 pm. Should you arrive earlier, you can rest in the lobby as you wait for your room to be prepared. Early check-ins / check outs are subject to hotel availability and by their approval.
Start Time: The retreat officially begins at dinner on March 11, 2018 at 7:30pm.
Check Out: 12 pm
Early Arrivals and Late Departures: If you are arriving or departing outside of the retreat dates you may book additional nights at our resort directly through the hotel’s website or feel free to find an alternative hotel.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Airport transfers are not provided as part of the retreat cost. Fellah Hotel is about 2.5 hours hours from Casablanca airport and 30 minutes from Marrakech airport. Once we have everyone’s flight info we will list who is traveling on the same flights below so you can arrange taxi pools directly from the airport.
- The currency in Marrakech is the Moroccan Dirhams (MAD). $1 USD = 9.43 MAD. If you want to have local currency, you can exchange money at the airport or withdraw currency from a reputable bank ATM. You will have a few opportunities to eat lunch and explore off property and you will need cash for the taxi. We recommend having at least $300 dollars for airport transfers, shopping, lunch and miscellaneous transportation.
Arriving at the Hotel
- April Shunn Williams, the host, will greet guests as they arrive at Fellah Hotel.
BEFORE YOU GO
Learn More About [location]
- MARRAKECH Check-out this article from Lonely Planet – it has some great tips on traveling to Ubud!
- Please ensure that your passport will be valid for at least six months from the date of travel and has at least two empty pages. If you need to expedite your passport please review the US Passports & International Travel page.
- Make at least two copies of your passport info page. Leave one at home with a trusted person and put the second copy in a secondary location in your luggage should your passport get lost.
- The U.S. government will be making changes to passports soon. Please read more and make sure you update your passport ahead of time.
Visa & Exit Fees
- MOROCCO American citizens are not required to obtain a visa for this retreat dates. If you are extending your tour beyond 30 days or are a non-American, please check your country’s visa requirements via the proper agency.
- MARRAKECH Marrakech is a safe city as long as you are aware of petty theft and “tourist traps.” Avoid the leather tannery and never take advice on where to visit from a stranger. It is best to keep your belongings close to you in the front to avoid pick pockets and to not wander the streets alone.
- MARRAKECH Traveling outside of your home country can expose you to bugs your body might not be used to. Drink bottled water and avoid street food. No vaccines are required – but please check with your Doctor for any recommended vaccines.
- Historical weather for March in Marrakech: http://www.holiday-weather.com/marrakesh/averages/march/
- Weather can be warm (70s) during the day and cooler at night (50s). Please bring layers.
- MOROCCO uses European-style round pin plugs. If you use North American plugs, an adapter will be necessary. You may want to invest in an all-in-one adapter.
- We highly stress the importance of unplugging from social media and work responsibilities and remaining present with our group during your retreat. While traveling we recommend keeping your phone in airplane mode, which still allows you to access available Wi-Fi hot spots while avoiding roaming fees. Please contact your cell phone provider for international calling plans.
- MOROCCO Tipping is customary and part of the culture in Morocco and is seen as a sign of respect. Please have small coins and bills for tipping.
- MOROCCO The language is Arabic and many also speak French. Basic English is also common for those in the hospitality industry.
We recommend that you pack light and fit everything into a carry-on bag. Quick-drying fabrics work best and can be washed and dried for multiple uses. Keep valuables to an absolute minimum. Blissed Yoga Retreats is not responsible for lost or stolen items, including passports.
- Multiple outfits for warm yoga – shorts are recommended; you will practice 2 times a day
- Travel yoga mat and towel
- Reusable water bottle
- Long-sleeved shirt for layering
- Light rain jacket
- Casual, comfortable clothes for exploring
- 1-2 bathing suits
- Walking shoes
- Flip flops
- Small day pack for excursions
- Mosquito repellent
- Sunglasses, hat and hair ties
- Socks, underwear and pajamas
- Travel-sized toiletries
- Writing journal and pen
- Phone charger and electrical adapter for European voltage
- Cash or ATM card
- PASSPORT and passport copy
- Travel sheet for arrival customs form (hotel address, # of days traveling, flight number)
TERMS OF SERVICE
By booking a retreat with Blissed Yoga Retreats you are agreeing to our terms of service. Please familiarize yourself with our cancellation policy.
- A $500 deposit is required to reserve your spot; the deposit is non-refundable but fully transferable to another retreat if you inform us 90+ days before your retreat departure.
- Final payment is due 90 days before the retreat start.
- There are no refunds on final balances paid.
- Trip insurance is required to protect you, our guest, from any unforeseeable circumstances.
- Cancel for any reason trip insurance provides the highest level of protection toward your retreat investment.