Belmar Spa & Beach Resort
Estrada de Porto de Mos
8600-513 Lagos – Portugal
Tel: +351 282 771 800
Check In: 4 pm. Early check-ins and check outs are subject to hotel availability and by their approval.
Check Out: 12 pm
Retreat Start Time: The retreat officially begins on May 25, 2019 at 6 pm (18:00).
Early Arrivals and Late Departures: If you are arriving or departing outside of the retreat dates you may book additional nights at our resort directly through the hotel’s website, email or feel free to find alternative lodging.
- April Shunn Williams | [email protected] | (323) 481-6027 (WhatsApp)
- Erika Craciun | [email protected] | (424) 625-9938
- Book your flights
- Purchase mandatory trip insurance – click here to get rates from our recommended provider
- Individual trip insurance is required for all international retreats. We recognize deposits as officially being received on the date we green-light a retreat. Please reference our trip insurance resource page to compare policies and benefits, such as cancel for any reason trip insurance.
- Ensure your passport is valid (expiration should be at least 6 months after the retreat start date)
- Get ready for bliss!
WHAT’S INCLUDED/NOT INCLUDED
- Included: 6 Nights/7 Days Accommodations at Belmar Spa & Beach Resort | Twice Daily Yoga | Breakfast + Dinner (Including Two Specialty Dinners in Town) | Guided Bike/Walking Tour of Old City Lagos | Kayak Tour to the Light House Ponta da Piedade | Beach Exploring | All-Day Boat Tour to Caves – Includes Lunch | On-site Retreat Host
- Not included: Airfare • Ground Transfers • Ground Transportation on own into town | Lunch (except as noted) | Specialty Beverages | Gratuities | Trip Insurance (required)
There are no direct flights into Lagos, Portugal. The closest international airport is Lisbon (LIS) – 186 miles/300 km north of Lagos. The closest domestic airport is Faro (FAO) – 56 miles/90 km east of Lagos.
There may be super cheap options but pay attention to the total travel duration/layover time (not all websites display total duration) and airline reviews. If possible, we suggest arriving at least one day early and flying out on the evening of the 31st to give yourself enough transfer time.
If you have any questions regarding your flight before you book, do not hesitate to contact us!
Arriving in Lisbon
- May 22 | 05:35 | TAP 202 | Erika (transfer to Lagos 5/24)
- May 23 | 10:35 | Aer Lingus 482 | Charlie, Charmaine, Terry (transfer to Lagos 5/25)
- May 24 | 09:30 | AA 258 | Minji (transfer to Lagos 5/24)
- May 24 | 11:00 | Rachel, Jeven (transfer to Lagos 5/25)
- May 24 | 20:00 | TAP 783 | Nadia (transfer to Lagos 5/25)
- May 25 | 09:30 | AA 258 | Andrea, Dominique, Jessica (transfer to Lagos 5/25)
Arriving in Faro
- May 23 | 14:05 | Lufthansa 1162 | Travis, Lauren (transfer to Lagos 5/23)
- May 23 | 20:25 | Aer Lingus 496 | Dawn (transfer to Lagos 5/25)
- May 24 | 10:30 | TAP 1907 | Rob D (transfer to Lagos 5/24)
- May 24 | 12:45 | TAP 1905 | April, Giusy, Noel, Simona, Vali (transfer to Lagos 5/24)
- May 24 | 14:05 | Lufthansa 1162 | Lawrence, Mackenzie (transfer to Lagos 5/24)
- May 24 | 17:05 | Lufthansa 6936 | Ludmila, David & Family (transfer to Lagos 5/24)
- May 24 | 18:45 | RyanAir 1766 | Robert H (transfer to Lagos 5/25)
- May 24 | 19:25 | Natalie (transfer to Lagos 5/24)
- May 25 | 10:25 | Aer Lingus 492 | Greg, Jason, Kathleen, Lynda (transfer to Lagos 5/25)
- May 25 | 11:55 | IB 3222 | Mallory, Michael, Robert S (transfer to Lagos 5/25)
- May 25 | 12:15 | Lufthansa 1498 | Mariana (transfer to Lagos 5/25)
- May 25 | 22:25 | Aer Lingus 498 | Danelle (transfer to Lagos 5/25)
Departing to/from Lisbon
- May 31 | Early AM | Bus to Lisbon | Nadia
- May 31 | 13:00 | Bus to Lisbon | April, Minji, Rob
- May 31 | 21:10 | Aer Lingus 497 | Dawn
- June 1 | 12:55 | TAP 201 | Rob D
- June 2 | 12:00 | AA 259 | Andrea, Jessica
- June 3 | 13:05 | TAP 229 | Erika
- June 5 | 12:50 | UA 8038 | April
Departing from Faro
- May 31 | 11:15 | TAP 1902 | Greg, Lynda
- May 31 | 11:30 | Aer Lingus 493 | Danelle
- May 31 | 15:30 | Lufthansa 1163 | Travis, Lauren
- June 1 | 06:25 | Lufthansa 1797 | Lawrence, Mackenzie
- June 1 | 11:15 | Charlie, Charmaine, Terry
- June 1 | 12:35 | IB 3223 | Mallary, Michael, Robert S
- June 1 | 13:40 | Lufthansa 1799 | Ludmila, David & Family
- June 1 | 18:05 | Norwegian 4276 | Giusy, Noel, Simona
- June 3 | 06:00 | TAP 1900 | Vali
Airport and ground transfers are not provided as part of the retreat cost. Once we have your flight info we will list it on this page (above) so we can assist you in coordinating transfers. The retreat hotel offers an airport shuttle service for a charge.
Ground transfers can be arranged from either Lisbon or Faro by bus, train, car hire or shuttle. Here are a couple guides that will help you determine how you want to arrive. We also recommend Yellow Fish Transfers to/from the Faro airport.
April, your retreat host, will be flying into Faro and taking a group shuttle directly to the hotel. If you are able to coordinate your flight to arrive around the same time, we can go together.
BEFORE YOU GO
Learn About Lagos
- Check-out this article from Lonely Planet – it has some great tips on traveling to Lagos!
- Your passport must be valid for six months beyond the date of travel and have two empty pages.
- Make two copies of your passport info page. Leave one at home with a trusted person and put the second copy in a secondary location in your luggage should your passport get lost.
- The U.S. government will be making changes to passports soon. Please read more and make sure you update your passport ahead of time.
Visa & Exit Fees
- American citizens are not required to obtain a visa for these retreat dates. If you are extending your tour beyond 90 days or are a non-American, please check your country’s visa requirements via the proper agency.
- Exercise normal precautions.
- Special vaccines are not required for Portugal.
- Weather can be comfortable (high 70s) during the day and cooler at night (50s).
- Historical weather for May in Lagos: http://www.holiday-weather.com/algarve/averages/may/
- Portugal uses round pin plugs. You may need to invest in an all-in-one adapter.
- We highly stress the importance of unplugging from social media and work responsibilities and remaining present with our group during your retreat. While traveling we recommend keeping your phone in airplane mode, which still allows you to access available Wi-Fi hot spots while avoiding roaming fees. Contact your cell phone provider for international calling and data plans, especially if you’d like to use Uber, or rent a mobile hotspot.
- Portugal uses the Euro. You will have opportunities to eat lunch and explore off property, and you may need cash for your ground transfers.
- Tipping 10% is customary in restaurants if good service has been provided, 1-2 € for hotel staff, and 10% or rounding up for taxi drivers.
- The language is Portuguese and many also speak French. English is widely spoken.
- It is very likely that Uber will be available in cities like Lisbon and the Algarve in May 2019.
We recommend that you pack light and fit everything into a carry-on bag. Quick-drying fabrics work best and can be washed and dried for multiple uses. Keep valuables to an absolute minimum. Blissed Yoga Retreats is not responsible for lost or stolen items, including passports.
- Multiple outfits for yoga – you will practice 12 times total
- Casual, comfortable clothes for exploring
- Socks, underwear and pajamas
- Bathing suits and cover ups; a wet suit if you want to swim
- Walking shoes
- Flip flops
- Travel yoga mat and towel
- Reusable water bottle
- Small day pack for excursions
- Sunglasses, hat and hair ties
- Phone charger and electrical adapter for European voltage
- Cash and ATM card
- Passport and passport copy
- Travel sheet for arrival customs form (hotel address, # of days traveling, flight number)
TERMS OF SERVICE
By booking a retreat with Blissed Yoga Retreats you are agreeing to our terms of service. Please familiarize yourself with our cancellation policy.
- A $500 deposit is required to reserve your spot; the deposit is non-refundable but fully transferable to another retreat if you inform us 90+ days before your retreat departure.
- Final payment is due 90 days before the retreat start.
- There are no refunds on final balances paid.
- Trip insurance is required to protect you, our guest, from any unforeseeable circumstances.
- Cancel for any reason trip insurance provides the highest level of protection toward your retreat investment.
- Blissed Yoga Retreats will not be held responsible for any delay, additional expense or inconvenience that may be caused directly or indirectly by events outside of our control (ie: late arrival/departure of flights, civil disturbance, fire, flood, cyclones, severe weather, acts of God, and acts of government, machinery or equipment failure, or cancellations for any reason.) No refunds will be given for “no shows” or days not used resulting from the above aforementioned. We want to protect you -our guest- and require trip insurance to help protect your investment.