- Complete our Pre-Travel Intake Form by September 29, 2017
- Purchase mandatory trip insurance
- Individual trip insurance is required for all international retreats and is recommended for U.S. retreats. We recognize deposits as officially being received on the date we green-light a retreat. Please reference our trip insurance resource page to compare policies and benefits, such as cancel for any reason trip insurance.
- Please note that Blissed Yoga Retreats will not be held responsible for any delay, additional expense or inconvenience that may be caused directly or indirectly by events outside of our control (ie: late arrival/departure of flights, civil disturbance, fire, flood, cyclones, severe weather, acts of God, and acts of government, machinery or equipment failure, or cancellations for any reason.) No refunds will be given for “no shows” or days not used resulting from the above aforementioned. We want to protect you -our guest- and require trip insurance to help protect your investment.
- Book your flight
- Ensure your passport is valid
- Get ready for bliss!
Bliss Yoga Teachers
- Travis Eliot | [email protected]
- Lauren Eckstrom | [email protected]
Bliss Customer Service
- Erika Craciun | [email protected] | (424) 625-9938
WHAT’S INCLUDED/NOT INCLUDED
- Included: Daily Yoga, 7 Nights Lodging + All Meals, Airport Transfers (on retreat days), Guided Tours of Angkor Wat, Phnom Kulen Mountain Trek, Flooded Forest Boat Tour, Phare Circus, Cooking Class, Quad Biking Adventure, Poolside Foot Massage, New Year’s Eve Lantern + Dance Celebration
- Not included:Airfare, airport transfers outside of retreat days (early/late arrivals), trip insurance (required), tourist visa (required), specialty beverages/alcohol, gratuities
The retreat dates are December 29, 2017 – January 5, 2018. Cambodia will be 15 hours ahead of Los Angeles. We have provided a suggested flight option below with our priorities being total trip duration, price and airline comfort.
As always with travel, there may be cheaper options but pay attention to total travel duration/layover time (not all cheap airfare websites accurately display total duration) and airline reviews. If possible, please arrive and depart as close as possible to the times below. If you have any questions regarding your flight, do not hesitate to contact us!
We have two hotels for our retreat. Our yoga and meals will be hosted at Green Leaf Boutique. They have 10 rooms on property. Advaya residence is directly next door to Green Leaf Boutique and half the group will be staying there. Room assignments will be randomly chosen.
Green Leaf Boutique
#24, Group 4, Vihear Chin village, Svay Dangkum commune
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Phone Internationally: +855 17 677 598
Phone Locally: 017 677 598
#522,Group13,Vichea Chen Village Svay Dangkum , Sime Reap , Cambodia
Tel: +855 63 76 63 64
Mobile: +855 15 76 63 65
Email: [email protected]
Check In: You may check at 2 pm. Should you arrive earlier, you can rest in the lobby as you wait for your room to be prepared. Early check-ins / check outs are subject to hotel availability and by their approval.
Start Time: Yoga/movement classes begin the afternoon of December 29, 2017.
Check Out: 12 pm
Early Arrivals and Late Departures: If you are arriving or departing outside of the retreat dates you may book additional nights at our resort directly through the hotel’s website or feel free to find an alternative hotel.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Airport transfers are provided as part of the retreat cost. Green Leaf Boutique is about 15 minutes from Siem Reap International Airport (REP). Once we have everyone’s flight info we will list who is traveling on the same flights below and the shuttle assignments. To coordinate logistics, it is very important for you to provide us with your flight information via our Pre-Travel Intake Form. Please note that the information in this section will be updated.
- The currency in Cambodia is called the riel. If you want to have local currency, you can exchange money at the airport or withdraw currency from a reputable bank ATM. You will have a few opportunities to explore off property and you will need cash for the taxi. We recommend having at least $200 USD for shopping and miscellaneous transportation.
BEFORE YOU GO
Learn More About [location]
- Check-out this article from Lonely Planet – it has some great tips on traveling to Siem Reap!
- Please ensure that your passport will be valid for at least six months from the date of travel and has at least two empty pages. If you need to expedite your passport please review the US Passports & International Travel page.
- Make at least two copies of your passport info page. Leave one at home with a trusted person and put the second copy in a secondary location in your luggage should your passport get lost.
- The U.S. government will be making changes to passports soon. Please read more and make sure you update your passport ahead of time.
Visa & Exit Fees
- American citizens are required to obtain a visa for these retreat dates. The visa is good for 30 days and you can learn more about the costs and requirements on this website. To directly apply for the e-visa, please visit this website.
- Traveling outside of your home country can expose you to bugs your body might not be used to. Please review the list of recommended vaccines for travelers to Cambodia and take the appropriate precautions.
- Siem Reap temperatures will be fairly comfortable and range between 65 to 85 degrees F with about 80% humidity and a low chance of rain. Check this page for historical weather patterns.
- Cambodia electricity runs at 230V and uses three different types of plugs. If you use North American plugs, an adapter will be necessary. You may want to invest in an all-in-one adapter.
- We highly stress the importance of unplugging from social media and work responsibilities and remaining present with our group during your retreat. While traveling we recommend keeping your phone in airplane mode, which still allows you to access available Wi-Fi hot spots while avoiding roaming fees. Please contact your cell phone provider for international calling plans.
- ATM withdrawal fees vary bank to bank, so make sure you check in with yours to get all the info. Don’t forget to let your bank or credit card company know you are traveling!
- Cambodia is a cash economy, with the US Dollar being widely accepted (and considered the de facto currency). Bring clean and fairly new US dollars in a variety of denominations (with a multitude of smaller bills, like $1’s and $5’s). Bills that are torn, written on or older will be rejected and change will rarely be made for an inexpensive item with a large bill.
- ATM machines will dispense dollars but change may be given out in riel.
- 1 USD = approx. KHR 4,000
- Tipping is not custom but is always appreciated. The equivalent of $1-2 for all levels of service is acceptable.
- The official language is Khmer but English is widely spoken and understood. French and Mandarin are also spoken frequently in the country.
We recommend that you pack light and fit everything into a carry-on bag. Quick-drying fabrics work best and can be washed and dried for multiple uses. Keep valuables to an absolute minimum. Blissed Yoga Retreats is not responsible for lost or stolen items, including passports.
- Multiple outfits for warm yoga – shorts are recommended; you will practice 2 times a day
- Travel yoga mat and towel
- Reusable water bottle
- Long-sleeved shirt for layering
- Shawl/shirt for covering at temples
- Casual, comfortable clothes for exploring
- 1-2 bathing suits
- Walking shoes
- Flip flops
- Small day pack for excursions
- Mosquito repellent
- Sunglasses, hat and hair ties
- Socks, underwear and pajamas
- Travel-sized toiletries
- Writing journal and pen
- Phone charger and electrical adapter
- Cash or ATM card
- PASSPORT and passport copy
- Travel sheet for arrival customs form (hotel address, # of days traveling, flight number)
SHARE THE BLISS
- Share your retreat experience on Instagram and Facebook using the hashtags #getblissed #blissedyogaretreats @blissedyogaretreats
- Share your experience with us in our post retreat survey!
TERMS OF SERVICE
By booking a retreat with Blissed Yoga Retreats you are agreeing to our terms of service. Please familiarize yourself with our cancellation policy.
- A $500 deposit is required to reserve your spot; the deposit is non-refundable but fully transferable to another retreat if you inform us 90+ days before your retreat departure.
- Final payment is due 90 days before the retreat start.
- There are no refunds on final balances paid.
- Trip insurance is required to protect you, our guest, from any unforeseeable circumstances.
- Cancel for any reason trip insurance provides the highest level of protection toward your retreat investment.